5 Cool Ways To Decorate Your Dorm Room
Your dorm room will be your “home away from home” for the entire school year, so you’ll want to make it as cozy as possible.
Since you’ll be living in such a small space, it can be easy to run out of dorm decorating ideas. But not to worry, I’ve got some neat suggestions for you…
Below you’ll find 5 cool ways that you can decorate your dorm room:
- Tip 1 – 3 P’s: Posters, Photos, Postcards. Either purchase or bring your favorite posters, photos, and/or postcards from home. Have fun with these items and arrange them into a design on your wall. You can even get a little more creative and use album covers, sports memorabilia, Christmas lights, or any other fun objects that you might want to hang on the walls.
- Tip 2 – Dry Erase Boards & Chalk Boards. These items are super useful and they take up wall space. You can leave notes for your roommate or post reminders up for yourself. Some students even choose to put one of these items on their dorm room door so visitors can leave a message if you’re not in your room. Don’t forget to pick up some colorful dry erase pens and chalk!
- Tip 3 – Comforters, Blankets, & Throw Pillows. Everyone will notice your bed decor. After all, your bed will take up the most space in your dorm room. Don’t be afraid to spice up your bed a little bit with different colored throw pillows or fun blankets.
- Tip 4 – Lamps. The lighting in dorm rooms is usually pretty awful. Try shopping around for some cool desk and pole lamps. Sometimes you can find these items in some pretty unique colors and shapes. I’d also recommend the clip-on desk lamp. You can easily clamp these to the head board of your bed. This works great if you ever have to do some late night studying and don’t want to disturb your roommate.
- Tip 5 – Rugs. A lot of times you can find a rug that either matches or compliments your comforter set. You can definitely spruce things up with a colorful rug that can be placed right along the side of your bed. Rugs can be especially useful if your dorm room isn’t carpeted.
Do you have any other dorm decorating tips?? Leave me a message…I’d love to hear from you!
Latest posts by TheCollegeHelper (see all)
- Why High School Study Abroad is An Amazing Pre-College Experience - December 1, 2015
- Should Students Learn Multitasking or Single Tasking? - October 28, 2015
- Money Management: Preparing Students for the Real World - June 2, 2013